Vishal S S (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Eleven years before, Jaipur-based youngster Vishal envisioned creating a dining experience with a difference. He had a dream to put up something new in the food industry when he was in his schooling days. He got all the support from his parents and friends, which led to the introduction of the renowned brand Brown Sugar into the market.
BROWN SUGAR started its journey in the year 2011. The journey was unstoppable, overcoming several milestones as it was developing at every stage. From bakery to the most renowned restaurant & bakery chain in Jaipur. Brown sugar takes tremendous pride in being called ‘The best bakers & cafe in Jaipur’. The brand is committed to maintaining the same which has helped us to expand their operation by opening more outlets in many locations. “Today the brand has multiple outlets covering major locations in Jaipur & hosts a wide variety of food to our customers”. Said Vishal Jalani, Founder and Managing Director of Brown Sugar in a recent interview with Chef Bharath.
The service has been diversified, improving various services, providing the best quality of food with heartwarming hospitality, cleanliness & our originality as they differentiate from others. Brown Sugar has always thanked all their valued customers, who helped them in business, the management team & employees who made their journey possible towards success.
Looking into the growth of Brown Sugar, the brand now has around fourteen outlets in which thirteen outlets are brown sugar; another four outlets are in the pipeline which is yet to be launched. The entry cost was a little less in the case of the bakery industry rather than sweet when it was introduced during that time and the eating habits were also changing. The demand of the customers was slowly changing from normal sweet items to more bakery items. The local markets in Jaipur consisted of one or two players who were in the bakery industry and dominating the market. The culture of the bakery Industry was not widely present during that time. Some of the bakeries with hotels that were already there, selling their products to the consumers were not affordable for a normal middle-class person. The team from Brown Sugar started with market research to find out what was the gap with those big bakeries.
Presently, the market has changed drastically. It is wide open with new flavors like Hazelnuts, Belgium chocolate all making up in its heights. This wide-open variety is only because of the market exposure and a lot of people are traveling to other places like Singapore, America and want those products to be available in India. People are ready to pay for getting good quality foods. The main USP of Brown Sugar is Hazelnuts. The bakery recently introduced ‘Biscoff Cheesecake’ which flagged off in a good way. Apart from that we recently introduced new pizzas and cakes, which is having a good reach. “The demand for chocolates is in the boom, which is dominating the market more” added Vishal
Covid – 19 Pandemic
During the pandemic, there was a demand, the company was supplying products continuously. Special permissions were granted for the commercial vehicles by the government during the pandemic.. Price variations have also taken place even during the pandemic and have also reduced the margins. People are also aware of the price variations and are ready to pay for a good quality product.
Brown Sugar is present in both offline and online platforms. The company is more concentrated on offline sales by giving the customer the sample for tasting and bringing them back to the shop. In the case of online sales, the brand is showing a strong presence in zomato, swiggy, facebook and Instagram. The brand has a mixed food chain with bakery and coffee chain, making sure the market mix is equal, which is 30 percent of the online sales and the rest 70 percent of offline sales.
Technical Adaptations and Expansion
Brown Sugar uses the latest technological machinery for their own products and they make sure there are no quality differences. In Fact, they believe that the quality has increased after the adaptation of machinery. The brand objective is to reduce the manpower and increase production of high quality using the machines.
The brand is being talked about at the state level, city level, and national level. At present, the brand is not collaborating internationally but the vision for that kind of expansion is in the projection. The target for this expansion is about 150 outlets by then. Probably the expansion will be concentrated more on SouthEast Asia. The company entered the HoReCa segment supplying bread to a lot of Hotels, Restaurants, and Banks. The bakery is supplying products to Rajasthan Royals. The franchise option is available for the range of 25 Lakhs with almost all the facilities.
Veeba wishes ‘Brown Sugar’ team all success in their expansion plans.